Piko is hiring cook/chef!
Are you a creative, responsible and mature cook/chef? Do you have solid understanding of real, organic wholefoods? Do you have experience and passion for healthy, vegan and gluten-free cuisine? Here’s your chance to work in a busy, fun environment.
- 1+ years’ experience in a commercial kitchen.
- A strong work ethic & sense of self-direction.
- Teamwork as well as an ability to self-manage and work on your own
- Good knife skills and understanding of basic cooking/baking formulas.
- Creativity and experience with wholefoods, vegan and gluten-free cuisine. Understanding of gluten-free and vegan baking preferable.
-Follow recipes and formulas, and also have a creative flair and ability to work with what’s available on the day.
- Knowledge and implementation of the food control plan.
- Highly organised, great hygiene, loves to work in a tidy environment.
- Mature, responsible & trustworthy.
- Full CV, relevant references and cover letter necessary. References will be checked.
-Must be a Christchurch resident, with full NZ work rights and intent to stay on for 12+months.
12+ hours per week, covering a portion of Sunday/Monday morning/Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday morning. Have to be able to work during school holidays.
Job training will start in mid August.
If you are interested and think you fit the bill we would love to hear from you! Please drop your CV and cover letter by 17th of July. If you are a potential fit we will contact for a sit-down interview.