Maca Powder Demonstration
EVER WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MACA?
Wednesday March 28th Noon - 1.30pm in the Piko Studio, 229 Kilmore Street. $5 door fee for charity.
Also Wednesday March 28th 6.30 - 8pm, SPecific discussion and talk on Chronic Fatigue. $10 tickets through Piko, purchase yours at the till before the day. Register by calling the shop on 03 3668116.
For chronic fatigue, fibro, mental health, anxiety, depression, PMS, menopause, adrenal fatigue, addiction and Alzheimer’s Maca is one of the world’s most unique and powerful medicinal superfoods. It only grows above 3800m in the small region of Junin, Peru. As a medicinal it has been at the centre of Inca culture, history and spirituality for over 2000 years. Its traditional uses have been for the treatment of mental health, hormone balance, menopause, PMS, fatigue, fertility, pain, chronic fatigue and cancer.
Come and learn about maca with Dr Corin Storkey and Sally Huapaya – a young New Zealand and Peruvian couple who are founders and directors of Seleno Health. They live an work part- time in Peru with their maca farmer and community and run a volunteer program that brings kiwis to Peru to experience life in a remote Andean community. Their maca research program studies the bioactive chemicals in maca and recent findings have begun to unlock the secrets behind it’s mode of action. To hear more about the medicinal properties, how to prepare and use maca and the realities for the farmers and communities who grow it book you spot today.
• The history and anthropology of Incan maca farming
• Farm to Table maca – from the soil to your plate
• The biochemistry of maca – relating the tradition with the scientific research
• Maca’s role in the endocannabinoid system
• The application of maca as a therapeutic
• The different colours of maca – yellow, red and black
• Which maca is right for you
• The reality of superfood farming and farmer exploitation
• The impact of global consumerism on the community
• Seleno Health’s social responsibility programs
• Volunteering opportunities in Peru
• What you can do to make a difference
Admission is via a $5 donation to our charity cause in Peru either at the door or beforehand via www.youcaring.com/selenohealth
Several different yoga teachers run classes in our upstairs space, they are independently run and you can contact them directly for bookings. See the following links for more information: